Saturday, February 6, 2021

In A Quiet Moment









"We tend to go through our days with our noses to the grindstone, completing tasks, staying on top of household chores, jumping from one thing to the next. The days blend into each other. (especially during this pandemic!)

What makes some days special?" From my LEO BABAUTA newsletter. 

Watching the sunlight does it for me. This morning I sat in my favourite tea shop - snacking on vada pav and sipping hot ginger tea. Out in the street life unfolded - leisurely and predictably - the same person I saw last week walked past with a yoga mat. The auto walla sunbathed. And cyclists and runners went past. 

These Sunday morning sketching sessions are what I look forward to all week. There's no goal. No plans. These quiet moments, maybe a tree shedding leaves, people all around me - that come close to the spiritual. The meditative. 


No comments:

Post a Comment